Now Hiring – Program Coordinator
The gitm Foundation’s Program Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of key organizational initiatives: Good Food Recovery Program, Fresh Food Boxes, and Urban Agriculture projects. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and maintains good communications with all volunteers, interns, partners and staff. This is a .5 FTE (18-20 hours per week) and will require excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and an interest in community based/population health advocacy. Ability to utilize personal transportation is a must as these initiatives serve Peoria, Tazewell and Woodford Counties.
Primary work site will be from the Tri-County Fresh Food Hub, 4200 East Washington St, Suite B, East Peoria, Il and from the South Peoria Food Hub and Educational Center, 1411 Adams Street, Peoria, Il. Candidates must be open to working with diverse populations, willing and able to work outdoors, at times. Physical elements/requirements include lifting, repetitive bending/reaching, and be able to lift up to 50 lbs 10 to 15 times per day. Candidates must be comfortable with interviews and public speaking. Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Possess, at minimum, a high school degree or equivalency. College degree is not a requirement; however, college or additional post high school training is preferred.
- Possess additional experiences in community programming, mentoring, or instruction.
- Have work experiences that require excellent organization and increased levels of independence and responsibility.
- Possess strong desire to work closely with diverse populations of people.
- Possess good oral and written skills including presentational and education skills.
Program Coordinator is a part time paid position. Hourly wage is set at 12.50 per hour with 18-20 hours required per week. Candidates will work occasional Saturdays. Due to this being a part time position, hours are flexible and are scheduled directly through the Executive Director. Position is open with the desire to be filled by March 31, 2018. For application, please request at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message of interest at (309) 966-3790.gitm employment application
The gitm Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.